Sarah Pomeroy, along with Stanley M. Burstein, Walter Donlan and Jennifer Tolbert Roberts has written my current favorite textbook on Ancient Greece, called Ancient Greece A Political, Social and Cultural History. It is extremely comprehensive, viewing the history from a number of angles, and lacks that boring old straight bias that so many textbooks just can't seem to shake. I am now suggesting the book as the main textbook in my class on Ancient Greece.
- Women in Hellentistic Egypt, from Alexander to Cleopatra. Wayne State University Press, 1990.
- Women's History & Ancient History University of North Carolina Press, 1991.
- Goddesses, Whores, Wives, & Slaves Dorset Press, 1994.
- Oeconomicus: A Social and Historical Commentary Oxford University Press, USA. 1995
- Families in Classical and Hellenistic Greece: Representations and Realities.' Oxford University Press, USA. 1998.
- Plutarch's Advice to the Bride and Groom and A Consolation to His Wife: English Translations, Commentary, Interpretive Essays, and Bibliography Oxford University Press, USA. 1999
- Spartan Women. Oxford University Press, USA. 2002.
- The Murder of Regilla: A Case of Domestic Violence in Antiquity Harvard University Press, 2007.